Cinnamon sugar coated pancakes baked in portable muffin form are super easy to make and twice as fun to eat. Kids and adults alike love them!
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- maple syrup, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush 18 wells of a mini muffin pan with some of the melted butter.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and the egg just until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined – don’t overmix or they will be rubbery.
- Fill the wells of the mini muffin pan just shy of the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out fairly clean with a moist crumb or two sticking to it about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool about 5 minutes and then turn out from the pan.
- Mix the remaining ⅓ cup sugar with the cinnamon.
- Brush each muffin with the remaining melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with maple syrup for dunking if desired.
more instructions please visit: https://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/cinnamon-sugar-mini-pancake-muffins/