Black Pepper Chicken recipe is quick and easy to make at home, totally versatile if you’d like to sub in different veggies or proteins, and so comforting and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or any mild-flavored oil), divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small bell pepper, cored and thinly-sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly-sliced on a bias
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly-cracked black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- optional toppings: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan or wok. Add chicken and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a clean plate, and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the sauté pan, along with the bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, as the veggies are sautéing, whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, oyster sauce, vinegar, black pepper and ginger in a small bowl until combined.
- Once the veggies are ready go to, add the chicken and sauce mixture to the pan, and stir until the veggies and chicken are evenly coated. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Taste, and season with extra soy sauce and/or black pepper as desired.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately, sprinkled with your desired toppings.
If you would like a spicier dish, feel free to stir in a teaspoon or two of garlic chili sauce into the sauce.
more instructions please visit: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/black-pepper-chicken/