This easy Tteokbokki recipe features soft and chewy rice cakes smothered in an irresistibly delicious sauce, to give you an intense burst of umami flavor in every bite. This one-pan meal is delightfully easy to make yet loaded with comforting flavors to pamper your tastebuds.
- 3 cups water or anchovy stock/dashi
- 400 g rice cake thawed if frozen
- 2 sheets Korean fish cake defrosted and cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onion cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 soft-boiled eggs optional
- 2 tbsp Gochugaru (Korean chili powder) more or less to taste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey rice syrup or corn syrup
- 3 tbsp Gochujang (Korean red chili paste)
Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Bring water to a boil over medium heat. Add rice cakes and sauce. Stir around the skillet to combine, and boil for about 8-10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
Add fish cake, green onion, and eggs, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Please note that the hard-boiled eggs are optional additions. Other popular toppings/sides include shredded ramen noodles, cabbage, fried dumplings, glass noodles, or fried tempura.
more informations please visit: https://www.cookerru.com/tteokbokki/