These quesadillas can also be made on the grill! Cook directly on the grates over high heat for about 2 minutes or until the bottoms start to brown. I don’t think I’d fire up the grill just for these, but if it’s on anyway, I’d definitely throw these on. That and some tortilla pizzas!
- 1 cup (250 mL) salsa
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) salsa
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas or white flour tortillas , (9-inch/ 23 cm)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- In a bowl, combine salsa, cheese and sour cream; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cheese, chicken and salsa. Divide filling evenly over one half of each tortilla. Fold unfilled half of tortilla over filled portion and press together gently.
- Bake on nonstick baking sheet, turning once, for about 5-6 minutes per side or until golden. Or cook in grill pan over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side or until crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve with dipping sauce.