These delicious savoury Zucchini & Ricotta Fritters with Feta and Dill are absolutely addictive.
Zucchini & Ricotta Fritters with Feta and Dill
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp feta, crumbled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cups fresh dill, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive or vegetable oil, for frying
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Lemon wedges and tzatiki, for serving
- In a strainer, toss the shredded zucchini with the salt and let sit for ten minutes. Then thoroughly squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, ricotta, yogurt, feta, garlic, scallions, dill, eggs, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir well, then stir in the flour just until incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil until shimmering. Working in batches, add 2-tablespoon mounds of the zucchini batter to the hot oil, spreading them to form 3-inch fritters. Fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain the fritters on the paper towels and serve right away, with lemon wedges and a little tzatziki.
more instructions please visit: http://scrumpdillyicious.blogspot.com/2014/07/zucchini-ricotta-fritters-with-feta.html