This is the best Thai coconut soup I’ve had. You won’t be disappointed with this one! Serve over steamed rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 stalk lemon grass, minced
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
- ½ pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste in the heated oil for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually.
- Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.
more instructions please visit: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/146035/the-best-thai-coconut-soup/