This Soba Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce is a healthy gluten-free and vegan recipe that is easy to make. It’s loaded with ingredients like cucumber, carrots and red cabbage and topped off with sliced green onions and sesame seeds!
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1/2 cucumber, spiralized or cut into strips
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, sliced or shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cilantro to top (optional)
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tamari (can sub soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (can sub lime juice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (can sub agave, honey)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp sriracha
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- While the noodles cook, prepare the peanut sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together.
- Once the noodles are cooked, rinse them under room temperature water to slightly cool them down slightly, then add them to a mixing bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Toss the soba noodle salad and peanut sauce together until combined.
- Optionally top with some extra sesame seeds, green onions and cilantro.
Shred the vegetables into small pieces so they can easily be evenly distributed throughout the salad. You can also buy pre-shredded vegetables to save you some time.
Use toasted sesame seeds. (or if you have raw ones, toast them) Toasted sesame seeds have a much more rich flavour than raw ones.
If your peanut sauce is too thick, add a touch more water to thin it so it can be mixed in the salad more easily.
more informations please visit: https://choosingchia.com/cold-soba-noodle-salad/