This honey garlic shrimp is undoubtedly a dinner favorite! Juicy shrimp are coated in a savory-sweet n’ garlicky glaze. And the best part? It’s done in about 20 minutes!
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup tamari soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Place the shrimp into a separate bowl and pour 1/3 of the sauce on top. Toss to coat the shrimp, then marinate for 15-20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add the shrimp (discarding any leftover marinade) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until pink and just barely cooked through.
Pour the remaining 2/3 sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring with the shrimp as it slightly reduces and warms through, for about a minute.
Turn off the heat, stir in the cilantro or parsley, and top with sliced green onions before serving.
more instructions please visit: https://downshiftology.com/recipes/honey-garlic-shrimp/