Healthy food has never tasted so AMAZING! These Thai chicken lettuce wraps are bursting with bold flavor, and fresh ingredients. They can be enjoyed as a main dish or served as an appetizer.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or tenders), chopped into very small pieces*
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage , finely shredded (red, green, or napa)
- 3 green onions , chopped
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 heaping Tablespoon peanut butter , smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 head Boston Bib lettuce (or romaine)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium.
Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, and cook for 2 more minutes.
In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth.
Add sauce to the pan. Add cilantro. toss everything until combined.
Spoon mixture into individual lettuce cups. Should fill about 8 lettuce cups.
You might also like Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
more informations please visit: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/thai-chicken-lettuce-wraps/