This Easy Coconut Rice Pudding is the perfect blend of creamy and smooth with tender bits of rice to add texture. Coconut milk, vanilla, and cinnamon add flavor without making this dessert overly sweet. Top with toasted coconut or a myriad of toppings for a dessert that’s so good, you won’t be able to stop eating it!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- ½ cup raw short or medium-grain rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 large egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Toasted shredded coconut for garnish
- Combine the milk, coconut, milk, rice and salt in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low, add the cinnamon stick, cover, and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue simmering, stirring frequently, until the rice is tender about 8 minutes. Stir almost constantly toward the end of cooking to prevent scorching.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in 1 cup of the cooked rice mixture, then add the mixture back to the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of the spoon, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Spoon the pudding into serving dishes. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled, garnished with toasted coconut.
Stir frequently when cooking the rice and milk mixture to avoid any scorching. Milk can easily scorch when stagnant over high heat. Arborio rice is the best for rice pudding. For a natural sweetener as opposed to sugar you can substitute maple syrup or honey.
more informations please visit: https://flavor-feed.com/easy-coconut-rice-pudding/