Crock Pot Pepper Jack Chicken
3.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
10 oz frozen whole green beans
1 bell pepper seeded and sliced
8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
1/4 Cup Butter
10 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker and season with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Layer frozen green beans, then mushrooms and peppers.
- Season again with salt and pepper, top with butter and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is shreddable when stirred.
- Stir chicken until shredded and then top with cheese on cook on high until the cheese melts.
- We used our 6 quart Ninja to cook up this dish, but you can use any 6 quart slow cooker.
- We now have an Instant Pot version of this recipe too: Instant Pot Pepper Jack Chicken
- The whole frozen green beans may seem like an odd addition, but trust me it is so yummy. We always use whole frozen beans. Fresh beans would likely turn out more crisp and canned would give it an entirely different texture.
- You can use a different cheese than pepper jack, but then the dish won’t be pepper jack chicken ;).
- You can use chicken breasts instead of boneless skinless thighs, but the cooking time will likely be less than the thighs. Watch closely so you don’t dry out the chicken breasts.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
more informations please visit: https://youtu.be/tDx33tkTzTI