Simply top a few chicken breasts with a cream cheese, salsa, fajita seasoning, shredded cheese, and sliced bell peppers to make this ultra cheesy fajita chicken in your oven. Bake for about 30 minutes, and thank me later.
- 4-5 thinly sliced chicken breasts (about 2lbs)
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 (1oz) packet of fajita seasoning
- 2 large bell peppers (sliced)
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)
- *Read notes below before getting started.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place the chicken onto the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the cream cheese, salsa and fajita seasoing.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken and then top with your sliced bell peppers and shredded cheese. *Note (If you are cooking large, thick chicken breasts, I recommend adding the cheese half way through cooking so that it doesn’t burn).
- Bake uncovered in the center rack for 20-45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (depending on the size & thickness of your chicken).
- Serve alone or with Spanish rice, cauliflower rice or in a tortilla.
- To make the chicken easier to serve (especially if you’re serving with tortillas), you can cut the chicken up into bite size strips before baking if you’d like. Keep in mind, this will decrease your bake time.
- The store-bought fajita seasoning packets are usually made with added sugar. Although still rather low carb, if you’re really watching your carbs I’d recommend making your own fajita seasoning with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin or whatever you have on hand.
- Sliced onions with the peppers would also be a nice addition to this meal. I always leave them out because my family doesn’t care for them.
- You can use any shredded cheese that you’d like! Pepper jack, cheddar, monterey jack or a Mexican cheese blend.
more instructions please visit: https://www.instrupix.com/cheesy-fajita-baked-chicken/