Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken
2 pounds chicken tenderloins (see note)
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup pineapple juice
6 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon sriracha optional
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon onion powder
Cooked white or brown rice for serving
12 pineapple slices canned or fresh
¼ cup butter melted
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the marinade to a large freezer bag and whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the chicken to the bag, seal it, and let the chicken marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the reserved glaze in the bowl covered with plastic wrap.
- When you're ready to grill, let the chicken sit out at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium heat, 375 to 450 degrees F, and grease the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess sauce drip back into the bag. Grill the chicken undisturbed for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through. (165 degrees F internal temperature)
- If you're using canned pineapple, drain any liquid from the can and pat the slices dry. Then brush the pineapple with melted butter and pop them onto the grill too. Brush the other side of the pineapple with butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side before removing from the grill.
- Meanwhile, add reserved glaze to a small saucepan and whisk in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Cover the saucepan and place it on the grill (or stovetop) and bring the glaze to a simmer. (This can be done after the chicken is cooked if you don't have room on your grill.) Once simmering, remove the lid and whisk until thickened.
- Brush the cooked chicken and pineapple with glaze and serve any extra glaze as a sauce for the rice. Garnish chicken with orange zest and green onions. Serve warm.
more informations please visit: https://realhousemoms.com/brown-sugar-pineapple-chicken/