I love baking these simple Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars recipe to help kick off the warmer season.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup butter, chilled and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Start by making the crust. In a medium bowl, stir together the 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, lemon zest and salt. Cut in the 1/2 cup butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and vanilla together; stir into the crumb mixture until a dough forms. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the crust. Combine the 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the blueberries. Make the topping: In a medium bowl, cream together the 5 tablespoons butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the flour, so that the mixture is crumbly like streusel. Sprinkle over the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until browned. Cool and then dust with confectioners’ sugar before cutting into bars.
more instructions please visit: https://www.recipegirl.com/blueberry-lemon-crumb-bars/