The beauty of this simple homemade strawberry jam recipe is in the use of fresh strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar instead of pectin to make the strawberry jam set.
- 16 oz strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Stir over med-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to med-high and bring mixture to a rolling boil.
- Stir frequently mashing the strawberries as you stir, continuing to boil, until jam is thickened and bubbles completely cover the surface of the jam. (about 10 minutes.)
- Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Seal jars and store in refrigerator for about 10 days (or freeze)
- Makes about 1 3/4 cups
- Additional tips: If you have a candy thermometer when the jam reaches 220 F, it’s ready.
If you want a less chunky jam, you can process fruit in a food processor before cooking or use an immersion blender while fruit cooks.
more instructions please visit: https://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/quick-homemade-strawberry-jam/